Commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment (Green VCI)
We are committed to making safe and effective (Green VCI) products that reduce the industry’s impact on the environment. In addition, ZERUST®/EXCOR® products are approved by many major companies’ toxicology, engineering, and packaging departments and comply with health and safety regulations around the globe.
Health and safety regulations that ZERUST® Green VCI complies to:
- REACH Regulation Compliant (EC No 1907/2006)
- European RoHS Directive Compliant
- Do not contain SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern), conflict minerals or CONEG
- ZERUST® VCI Kraft Paper and Film products do not contain chemicals that are listed on California’s Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Prop 65)
- Labeled in accordance with GHS (Globally Harmonized System) and are compliant under UN GHS, EU CLP, US OSHA HazCom, and CA WHMIS
- The management system of ZERUST® products is certified to the quality standard of ISO 9001:2015
ZERUST® Cares about the Environment
Using ZERUST® Corrosion Inhibiting VCI bags and Rust Preventative Coatings to protect metals and Rust Removers to restore parts saves up to 95 percent of the energy required to produce new parts. Furthermore, preventing rust also reduces CO2 emissions associated with reprocessing scrap into new parts and the environmental waste stream from failed parts.
ZERUST® Helps Remanufacturing
ZERUST® is also a key tool for remanufacturing operations. Industrial remanufacturing refurbishes items such as engines, transmissions, and other valuable assemblies into like-new condition. As a result, this prevents large amounts of waste from going to a landfill by rebuilding and making it usable again. In addition, the rebuilt part often has the same expected life as the original new part. For example, the energy saved by recycling one pound of steel can run a 60-watt light bulb for over a day.
ZERUST® Green VCI is Recyclable
Not only do ZERUST® products prevent waste, but they are also environmentally responsible. Furthermore, ZERUST® VCI Poly Bags and Films and Kraft Paper products are recyclable. However, we always recommend checking with local and national regulations on disposal options.
Health and Regulatory Information
We continuously review relevant global regulations for compliance so that we can continue to provide products free of harmful substances. If you require additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.